The UEB Online website is a training program developed for sighted people who wish to learn Unified English Braille (UEB) through the internet.
The UEB Online website is owned by RIDBC Renwick Centre, Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children.
RIDBC Renwick Centre Fees and Privacy Policies
By submitting your registration for an event / online lecture (the service) from RIDBC Renwick Centre, you agree to the following conditions.
The term ‘RIDBC Renwick Centre’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the personnel involved in running events for the RIDBC Renwick Centre whose registered office is Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children, 361 – 365 North Rocks Road, North Rocks, NSW 2151. The term ‘you’ refers to the purchaser (the customer) for the services (events / online lectures) from us.
- You agree to pay any fees and charges from RIDBC Renwick Centre arising from your registration via immediate credit card payment or as detailed on an approved tax invoice if you select this option.
- You understand that if you have chosen to pay by invoice, this will be sent to your nominated billing organisation and address 2-5 days after the event.
- You understand that failure to meet your financial obligations to RIDBC Renwick Centre may result in you being precluded from registering for future services with us.
- You understand RIDBC Renwick Centre may provide your details to an external agent for the purpose of collecting any debts.
- You agree not to use RIDBC Renwick Centre resources for personal or commercial purposes, financial or other gain.
- Your personal information is protected under the Privacy Act 1988. Your personal information will not be used other than for the purpose that you provide it without your consent.
Collection and use of your personal information
There are many aspects of the UEB Online website which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to the full training program and lessons on UEB Online you are required to submit personally identifiable information.
This personal information is used to track and save your individual progress through the UEB Online lessons, enabling you to log in to UEB Online at any time, from any computer connected to the internet, to continue with the UEB Online training program.
Personal information required may include, but is not limited to, a unique username and password, name, email and organisation name (if relevant), or personal information to assist in the recovery of your lost password.
Your personal information will not be used other than for the purpose that you provide it without your consent.
Accessing your personal information
Personal information will not be disclosed to other parties. Personal information will only be used for the purposes of the UEB Online website and in contacting you about any changes related to the website and its activities. RIDBC Renwick Centre will provide access to, and make corrections to, your personal information at your request. Corrections will only be made at the user’s consent or instruction to do so.
If you have any questions about your privacy, please send an enquiry to RIDBC Renwick Centre’s Continuing Professional Education team:
Manager, Continuing Professional Education
Phone: (02) 9872 0302